Run a Food Drive
How to Get Started
Thank you for your interest in helping the FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties and our community by organizing a Food and Fund Drive.
- Register your Food and Fund Drive
- Print out the Food & Fund Drive Registration Form, fill it out and send it to the FoodBank’s Food Drive Coordinator. Please fill it out completely so we can provide the support you need and properly acknowledge you for your generous donations!
- Plan for delivering your donation
- Whenever possible, we encourage you to bring your donation directly to the FoodBank, since transportation is a significant cost to the FoodBank.
- Select the date(s) and location of the Drive
- A drive can be one specific day, or up to 1-2 weeks long. Designate a spot where the food will be collected (classroom, home, cafeteria etc)
- Establish a Food and Fund Drive Committee, if needed
- It’s a big job – don’t do it alone. Recruit people who are natural leaders to help you plan and organize and who can motivate your community to participate
- Set a Goal
- Setting a target builds excitement and helps to raise more food & funds.
- Promote your Food and Fund Drive
- You can personalize this Promotional Flier to distribute, and look under Helpful Tips for other ways to spread the word. If you wish to change the flier or create any press releases using the FoodBank’s name, please send an email or fax a copy to the Food Drive Coordinator for approval before you distribute it to make sure the details are correct.