Careers at the FoodBank
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports To: Senior Operations Supervisor
The FoodBank’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient emergency food distribution network to eliminate hunger. Staff is committed to embodying the FoodBank’s values in all activities.
The warehouse supervisor oversees the day-to-day activities of the FoodBank’s operation and leads the warehouse team to ensure the completion of day-to-day tasks and their accuracy. This position provides direct management for collection, storage and distribution of product through the Foodbank to member agencies. This includes supervision of staff and volunteers, maintenance, cleanliness, security and safety of the facility and equipment.
As a functional warehouse supervisor, the warehouse supervisor will also participate in the daily work activities (when required) as well as supervising.
The following provides a more detailed overview of job requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accuracy in inventory by ensuring that all staff follows accurate inventory control procedures.
- Directs and participates in the daily activities involved in the efficient movement of product including accurate receipting, verification, handling, storage and distribution; maximizing space/resources and avoiding waste or damages. Ensures product safety and integrity.
- Schedules and oversees the completion of regular month end physical inventories to verify product levels and track/reduce losses.
- Perform required weekly spot checks to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Establishes appropriate labeling and signage procedures to properly store and locate product and supervises staff to maintain procedures.
- Implements procedures and controls for safe and efficient movement and preservation of product in the Foodbank;
- Sets-up and monitors system for checking accuracy of orders pulled and readied for distribution.
- Monitors adherence to established FoodBank, USDA and Feeding America, OSHA and AIB procedures to ensure safety and sanitation measures are followed and inventory accuracy is maintained; Ensures all staff and volunteers are well trained and follow safety, basic food handling, menu planning, salvage evaluation/sorting and FoodBank procedures as appropriate.
- Works with Warehouse staff to ensure thorough understanding of procedures and impact on the organization as well as individual performance; retrain or take necessary corrective action as necessary.
- Complete daily walk through and lead warehouse team to ensure completion of Weekly Maintenance and Cleaning Schedule.
- Lead warehouse team to ensure daily work plan is complete and accurate.
- Lead warehouse team to ensure maximum efficiency of space, organization and cleanliness.
- Regularly evaluate and assess employee work schedules and delivery routes for efficiency.
- Must be familiar with DOT regulations.
- Assist in the evaluation of performance of warehouse staff.
- Evaluate the safety practices of staff and visitors developing and implementing practices that will ensure the long-term safety of the FoodBank’s operation.
- Assist Senior Operations Supervisor in evaluating program performance.
- Regularly monitor program activities to ensure operation efficiency and best method of program delivery.
- Confers with Senior Operations supervisor to coordinate warehouse activities with other operation activities such as receiving, driver scheduling, records control, and volunteer scheduling to avoid conflicts and maximize efficiency.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of warehouse management in order to implement innovate ways to improve and maximize efficiency.
- Directs the activities or warehouse staff and volunteers including safe and efficient operation of equipment, refrigeration and waste management; conducts facility and equipment inspections to ensure equipment and facility are operational; identified opportunities for improvements to reduce waste, prepares work orders for repairs or replacement equipment, works with Senior Operations Supervisor to schedule and oversee repairs or replacement equipment, works with Senior Operations Supervisor to schedule and oversee repairs to ensure compliance to work orders.
- Conducts daily inspections for freezer/refrigeration levels, security, safety, pest control and cleanliness, completes procedural checklist or logs to monitor activity, avoid or identify problems. Reports problems and remedial actions to Senior Operations Supervisor.
- Ensures daily vehicle inspections are performed for safety, damage, required repairs or maintenance; ensures drivers are properly trained in operation of vehicles and maintain vehicles in good working order.
- Works with Senior Operations Supervisor to manage established budget; obtains approval for expenditures for purchases, maintenance of equipment/facility/vehicles, and contracts in accordance with established guidelines; may negotiate prices with vendors; identifies ways of reducing expenses and improving efficiency.
- Builds sound relationships with community agencies, Health Department, EPA, OSHA, Fire Department, USDA and Feeding America representatives to ensure community needs and compliance requirements are met. Works with staff to ensure professionalism of contact with agency and community is maintained.
- Hires, trains, delegates, motivates and retains a competent warehouse and operations staff, committed to the mission and values of the Foodbank. Coaches and develops staff to maximize performance.
Supervisory Role: Responsible for effective collaboration with Foodbank staff and management of external volunteers and contractors. Directly supervises: Drivers and Warehouse staff. Must be high energy, self-motivated as well as a self-starter.
Minimum 2 year college degree required. At least 5 years Warehouse experience preferably in a food bank or food related industry with supervisory experience; valid NJ driver’s license and ability to drive forklift; and demonstrated commitment to the Foodbank’s values and mission are essential. CDL desirable. Six Sigma black or green belt certification helpful. Knowledge of AIB standards helpful. High level of knowledge in Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Thoroughly knowledgeable in warehouse operations, and good leadership skills are necessary. Strong communication and the ability to effectively deal and build collaborative relationships with agency personnel, volunteers, contractors, community and government representatives to achieve the Foodbank’s goals. Knowledge of safety and regulatory compliance issues, strong organizational skills and attention to detail required. Must be creative problem-solver with good organizational, anticipatory management skills, able to handle multiple priorities and effectively work with a diverse staff. A high level of personal and professional integrity is essential.
Must acquire Serve Safe certification within the first 3 months of hire date. Must have complete understanding of FoodBank CERES system within first month of hire date. Must acquire HACCP certification within first 6 months of hire date.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; frequent extended hours, Warehouse environment; extensive standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds, operates forklift and drives trucks.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Marketing & Media Coordinator
Deadline for applications is November 24, 2014. Please send a copy of a resume, and a cover letter that includes salary requirements. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Marketing and Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full time Exempt
The FoodBank is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The FBMOC team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. We are committed to embodying the FBMOC’S values in all activities and relationships are based on collaboration and respect.
A creative and innovative individual is needed to effectively communicate and market our services with the media and in collateral. Compelling and articulate messaging must be developed and launched to inform the public of our services and to engage community organizations, businesses, and associations to support the FoodBank’s mission through volunteer opportunities, food drives, fund drives, and other community engagement opportunities.
• College degree, BA in communications, public relations or journalism preferred.• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Raiser’s Edge, and intermediate graphic design skills.
• Proficient presentation and written communications skills.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, PR, and media relations.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required for nights and weekend events.
• Media certification preferred.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of both traditional media and social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) and how they can be deployed in diverse outreach efforts; and knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to nonprofits.
Strong written and verbal communications, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to recommend, persuade and influence ways to facilitate communications with diverse audiences and to improve communications flow, execution and deliverables both internally and externally. Must be able to represent the FoodBank with professionalism when interacting with FoodBank stakeholders – including clients, partner agencies, community corporate, civic and governmental partners, media, and staff.
• Facilitates the process for branding and messaging in collaboration with the Board Marketing committee.
• Develops a marketing and communications plan to span across all media and reach all appropriate target audiences, based upon specific performance goals, utilizing all placement opportunities. Plan must be inclusive of the diverse audience we support with clients, donors, and supporters.
• Prepares calendar of marketing efforts with timelines, involved parties, and event descriptions.
• Engages key stakeholders (Board, Donors, Staff, Volunteers, Community) in the development of key marketing messages.
• Develops, manages and produces high-quality materials to create a cohesive image and messaging for newsletters, brochures and information kits, annual reports, events (invitations, postcards, etc.), press kits and media ads.
o Oversees the design, development, timeline and printing.
• Develops and distributes quarterly newsletters in print and electronic version.
• Provides input for direct mail marketing campaigns and collateral.
• Monitors results of past and current marketing efforts and provides revisions and solutions to Director.
• Utilizes effective electronic media relations tools (constant contact, Facebook, twitter, website, etc.) for marketing.
• Fosters best practices and executes marketing campaigns to increase visibility.
• Manages FoodBank website and oversees ongoing updating and enhancements to website.
• Develops and implements an integrated communications and media plan.
• Develops strong relationships with local, regional and national media sources.
• Contacts newspapers and radio stations for food/fund raising event coverage to expand community exposure within established timelines.
• Manages media projects, including press releases and announcements, generates story line opportunities utilizing new media and traditional outlets.
• Creates and distributes press releases internally and externally, while managing media content for accuracy, relevancy, and timeliness.
• Oversees all public relations activities, including press conferences, press kit mailings, press release mailings, and all media follow-up with story pitches.
• Facilitates the establishment and preparation for media interviews for Executive Director and other FoodBank representatives.
• Maintains current events knowledge of hunger-related initiatives and contributes to media stories.
Coaching & Developing of Others:
• Coaches others in the delivery of key messages internally and externally to the organization.
• Assists others in the preparation of speeches, award nominations, and general editing.
• Identifies opportunities for speaking engagements and coordinates logistics.
• Maintains all files and correspondence related to marketing, media and communications.
• Develops and adheres to storage and retention guidelines for media contacts.
• Establishes and maintains a shared database for all contacts.
• Organizes and maintains an inventory of all department-related materials.
• Establishes a system to avoid excessive positive or negative inventory levels.
• Monitors media budget and advises Director of overages.
• Obtains necessary quotes for the procurement of services, materials, etc.
• Negotiates quotes with vendors.
Planning and Organizing:
• Establishes course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals.
• Properly plans assignments and secures appropriate resources.
• Completes assignments on time.
• Establishes framework and metrics for media and outreach results.
• Expresses ideas effectively and professionally adjusting the language to the needs of the audience.
• Communicates professionally with stakeholders and others, verbally and non-verbally.
• Maintains open lines of communication.
• Utilize Hunger Net, Feeding America internal website, to leverage partnership and resources for the organization.
• Communicates information in a timely manner.
• Responsible for maintaining FoodBank’s photo archive and ensuring the Food Bank has the required photo release forms.
• Experience handling confidential client information in a professional manner.
• Recruits interns and oversees volunteer support for delegated tasks.
• Conducts facility tours and makes site visits.
• Participates in evening and weekend speaking opportunities and events.
• Provides support for FoodBank events.
• Performs other assignments as required.
• Works closely with operations team for media events affecting the distribution center.
• Adheres to and promotes all policies and procedures and communicates such to media and volunteers as needed and required.
• Builds relationships across multiple business teams, works with executive team on messaging, media training, and storytelling initiatives.
• Writes pitches and places stories relevant to the FoodBank’s work internally to Feed the Line and externally to End the Line across entire footprint and scrapbooks all media advisories and releases.
• Develops and implements a dedicated strategy and plan for Hunger Action Month that includes editorial board meetings, and op-ed pieces.
• Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of communications and digital media efforts, and analyzes reviews and reports on effectiveness to maximize results.
• Stays current and up-to-date on web and social media market trends and develops strategies to incorporate innovation into the FoodBank’s digital work.
• Demonstrates good judgment and discretion.
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.