THE FOODBANK OF MONMOUTH & OCEAN COUNTIES, INC.
Position Title: Agency Relations Program Coordinator Department: Advocacy & Programs
Reports to: Agency Relations Manager Status: Exempt, Full time, 40 hours
The FoodBank is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The FBMOC team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. We are committed to embodying the FBMOC’S values in all activities and relationships are based on collaboration and respect.
This position provides support for the Agency Relations Department with technology, programs and administrative functions.
- Four year college degree.
- Completion of Basic and Advanced VITA Certification, which can be provided by the FoodBank
- Advanced knowledge or Microsoft certification in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and/or other computer applications.
- At least 2 years’ experience using technology within management systems.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required for occasional work at other locations.
The Agency Relations Program Coordinator:
- Builds sound relationships with agencies.
- Resolves customer service concerns with FoodBank agencies, especially regarding online agency orders through Agency Express, and use of other software.
- Conducts Agency Express trainings for FoodBank agencies.
- Maintains the Agency Relations portion of the FoodBank webpage.
- Maintains knowledge of products and distribution process to effectively interact with FoodBank and agency staff.
- Maintains knowledge of State and Federal policy as it relates to hunger and foodbanking, and periodically sends updates and action steps to FoodBank agencies.
- Implements and maintains the Oasis Insight Client Tracking Tool for agencies that will also provide the FoodBank with information about pantry clients eligible for Income Support benefits (SNAP, Navigator, VITA and other benefits).
- Trains agencies in the use of the Client Tracking Tool, and troubleshoots issues with agencies and software developer to ensure effective use of the tool
- Gains experience with Income Support Programs by assisting with the FoodBank’s Income Support Program, particularly during VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program) between January and April, as needed. This may entail:
- Assisting clients in completing the IRS intake sheet and/or Benefits Intake Sheet for initial assessment of needs and potential eligibility for various services.
- Ensure client has all necessary documents for tax preparation
- Scans documents and securely sends with intake sheet to tax preparer, or prepares the taxes themselves, reviews prepared return with the client, and has the client sign the return for e-filing.
- Refers clients to other assistance they may be eligible for (SNAP, utilities, Sandy disaster benefits etc.).
- Maintains the Oasis database to track services provided and to follow- up with the client regarding benefits received.
- Acts as Site Supervisor at one or more sites as needed for the VITA program.
- Communicates and collaborates with other members of the Income Support Outreach Team.
- Answers phones, screens calls to other Agency Relations staff as needed.
- Other duties related to the Income Support program or Agency Relations as needed.
Quality & Compliance
- Completes VITA training and adheres to Ethics and Quality Review guidelines for VITA.
• Works with agencies to determine best use of their allotments and purchases.
• Assists the FoodBank in moving inventory.
• Remains knowledgeable in FoodBank products.
• Works with agencies to identify obstacles, i.e. no freezer, and assists agency in resolving problems by obtaining needed supplies or equipment.
Planning & Organizing
- Establishes course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals.
- Properly plans assignments and resources.
- Completes assignments on time.
- Expresses ideas effectively and professionally adjusting language to the needs of the audience.
- Communicates professionally with clients and others verbally and non-verbally.
- Maintains open lines of communication.
- Communicates information in a timely manner.
- Provides back up support to other departments as needed.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to David Goldstein, Director of Organizational Effectiveness, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is 4:30 p.m. on July 25, 2014.
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.