Job Title: Food Sourcing Coordinator
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Department: Operations/Food Sourcing
Reports To: Food Sourcing Supervisor
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties (FBMOC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The FBMOC team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. We are committed to embodying the FBMOC’S values in all activities and relationships are based on collaboration and respect.
The purpose of the position of Food Sourcing Coordinator is to maintain and grow the functions of food sourcing within the FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
The following provides a more detailed overview of job requirements.
Essential job functions:
- Identify potential stores, farms, and manufacturers
- Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan
- Implement store donation toolkit for each retail chain, to be used when visiting stores
- Create and maintain a key contact data base
- Become familiar with Blue receipt process (Feeding America)
- Work with Agency Relations to establish a process for managing agencies participating in the Enabled Agency Program
- Work with Drivers and Warehouse staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines
- Work with PR/Communications colleagues to recognize retailers where applicable (FoodBank newsletter, website, direct mail, etc.)
- Provides personal follow up or recognition for donors
- Provides weekly activity report on donor visits
- Responsible for purchasing food for COOP, SFPP, Mobile, and ESFP
- Identify and target additional sources of food
- Understanding of CERES system by end of first month of employment
- ServSafe food handling certification within the first 3 months of employment
- Demonstrates a pleasant, professional and helpful attitude at all times
- Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The individual possesses the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to do the job.
- Communication – Communication is clear, concise, and courteous, needed information is communicated regularly, and listening skills are strong.
- Interpersonal Skills – Individual works effectively with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and the public.
- Quality of Work: Work is accurate, neat, thorough, and complete.
- Productivity – Individual works efficiently, prioritizes and manages time effectively, and has work habits that support an ability to accomplish goals in a timely fashion.
- Dependability – Individual is reliable in completing assignments and meeting deadlines, and maintains consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Initiative – Individual works independently, solves problems, and looks for ways to improve systems or save costs.
- Adaptability – Individual is flexible, and able to adjust to a variety of situations.
- Decision Making – The individual uses logical and sound judgment.
- Compliance/Safety – The individual follows policies and procedures to ensure a productive and safe working environment.
- Customer Service – The individual addresses needs of stakeholders (partners, donors, clients, colleagues, etc.) quickly and courteously.
- Collaboration – The individual cooperates and works in partnership with others to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Stewardship of Resources: The individual ensures the careful and efficient use of all organizational resources (funds, food, supplies, equipment, time, etc.) in a manner consistent with FoodBank policies.
Skills, Education and Experience
- 4 year degree and/or comparable experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience in the food industry a plus
- Strong External Customer Focus
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills/Relationship building
- Capable of maintaining multiple accounts including completing follow up correspondence on a consistent basis
- Understanding of routing helpful
- Willingness to travel
- Reliable Transportation
Interested candidates should send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is August 7, 2015.