Please click on the job title below to view the full description.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: Director of Finance and Administration
Prepared Date: March 2, 2007
Revised Date: February 24, 2016
The FoodBank team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger in the community. Team members are committed to embodying the FoodBank’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the FoodBank’s mission and goals.
This position is engaged in a range of financial activities including accounts payable, grants management, and serves as liaison with IT and outside technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insures accounts payable, expense reports, and disbursements comply with operating procedures in order to control expenses; communicates procedures to staff members for compliance. Analyzes bills upon receipt, matches with purchase orders, determines appropriate accounts, notifies suppliers of tax exemption as needed, verifies accuracy of expense with department management and prepares checks for Executive Director’s signature upon receipt of appropriate documentation.
- Administers petty cash fund, ensures expense documentation is correct and complete, reconciles and replenishes account as needed.
- Verifies, allocates, post and reconciles transactions to subsidiary accounts in Raiser’s Edge accounting system.
- Supports month-end and year-end close process.
- Maintains Finance Department filing system.
- Prepares schedules for and participates in A-133 audit.
- Participate in budget process compiling budget details and preparing budgets for board approval.
- Produces error-free accounting reports, correspondence, statements, memoranda, graphs, reports and other materials to support financial goals and presents results to a diversified audience.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares data for a variety of survey forms, reports, records, and applications, and obtains approvals as necessary.
- Acts as backup for payroll & benefits administration
- Acts as backup for bank deposits.
- Prepares and submits monthly distribution reports for TEFAP and SFPP grants/programs.
- Prepares error-free grant utilization reports.
- Performs monthly Navision/Ceres close.
- Participates in annual physical inventory.
Information Technology Management and Other:
- Responsible for and liaisons with outside consultants and technicians for all information technology management systems including work stations, networks, office equipment and communication systems. Troubleshoot technological issues. Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Maintains FoodBank’s file retention system.
- May perform various tasks associated with special projects or events.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field. Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles. Three to five years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
Excellent accounting software user and administration skills. Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close. Strong organizational and communications skills. Ability to collaborate and work effectively with team members of diversified backgrounds. Be a creative problem-solver with strong analytical and quantitative skills. Be a team player and have a valid NJ driver’s license
Strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word required. Proficiency in Navision/Ceres and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; periodically may work extended hours; some driving; some bending and lifting up to 20 pounds may be required for filing; extensive computer work; warehouse environment.
Beat Center Operations Coordinator
Job Title: Beat Center Operations Coordinator
Classification: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager
Prepared Date: November 2016
The FoodBank’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. Staff is committed to embodying the FoodBank’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the FoodBank’s mission and goals.
This position provides coordination for collection, storage and distribution of product through the BEAT Center to member agencies. This includes coordination of staff and volunteers, maintenance, cleanliness, security and safety of the facility and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all daily activities involved in the efficient movement of product including receipt, verification, handling, storage and distribution, maximizing space/resources and avoiding waste or damages.
- Responsible for the direct distribution of products to member agencies picking up orders from the Beat Center.
- Accurately accounts for all products received; completes receiving forms for inventory documentation.
- Understanding of CERES system within the first 2 weeks of employment.
- Inspects incoming product to ensure products for accuracy of Bill of Lading, container markings or damage, dates, temperature requirements and pest/contamination in accordance with Feeding America, AIB, and FBMOC.
- Accurately, efficiently and safely stores items on racks, shelves, bins or refrigerated rooms/freezers according to product type, size, and expiration date or product code.
- Utilize conscientious and safe handling of all warehouse material handling equipment including pallet jacks, hand dollies and forklift in order to avoid personal injury to self, others and damage to product, equipment or facility.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work area at all times including warehouse, grounds, bins and equipment; cleans up spills immediately; keeps walk areas and exits clear; locks and secures equipment as required; notifies Operations Manager of problems or needed repairs immediately.
- Responsible for opening and closing of facility. Including, but not limited to, setting the alarm system.
- Responsible for coordination of all vendors; waste, electric, HVAC, etc.
- Works with and oversees work of volunteers to complete order processing and customer service, requiring ability to communicate clearly and effectively in explaining procedures or following up with volunteers.
- Performs and oversees the sorting and inspection of products using visual inspection to ascertain contamination, infestation, expiration or spoilage; accepts or rejects products based on inspection to insure FoodBank requirements are met.
- Confers with Community Engagement Coordinator to coordinate volunteer scheduling, avoid conflicts and maximize efficiency.
- Conducts daily inspections for freezer/refrigeration levels, security, safety, pest control and cleanliness, completes procedural checklist or logs to monitor activity, avoid or identify problems. Reports problems and remedial actions to Operations Manager.
- Demonstrates professionalism and speaks respectfully when interacting with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- May perform other duties as assigned and work at additional locations.
High School degree required A.A preferred. At least 3 years Warehouse experience preferably in a Foodbank or food related industry with some lead position experience; valid NJ driver’s license and demonstrated commitment to the FoodBank’s values and mission are essential. CDL desirable.
Thoroughly knowledgeable in warehouse operations, and good leadership skills are necessary. Strong communication and the ability to effectively deal and build collaborative relationships with agency personnel, volunteers, contractors, community and government representatives to achieve the FoodBank’s goals. Knowledge of safety and regulatory compliance issues, strong organizational skills and attention to detail required. Must be creative problem-solver with good communication skills, able to handle multiple priorities and effectively work with a diverse staff and volunteers. A high level of personal and professional integrity is essential.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; Warehouse environment; extensive standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds, operates forklift and pallet jacks.
Food Sourcing Manager
Position Title: Food Sourcing Manager
Department: Operations/Food Sourcing
Reports To: Director of Organizational Effectiveness
Status: Full Time Exempt
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties (FBMOC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The FBMOC team is dedicated to vision of a community where all people at all times have access to nutritious food to maintain an active healthy life.
The purpose of the Food Sourcing Coordinator is to maintain and grow the FoodBank’s diverse sources of food, managed donor relationships and understand the needs of the community we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all functions of food procurement across a diverse stream of sources: retail/grocery stores, farms, and manufacturers
- Identify potential donation streams and partnerships.
- Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan
- Work cross region to foster relationships with Feeding America and partner food banks.
- Ensure the implementation all store donation guidelines for each donor chain, to be used when visiting stores
- Create and maintain a key contact data base
- Cultivate donor relationships
- Communicate the food sourcing strategic goals to donors, partners, businesses, and government agencies.
- Familiarity with Blue receipt process (Feeding America) within 60 days of employment.
- Establish and coordinate process for Feeding Partners in the Enabled Agency Program
- Work with Operations staff to ensure pickup processes and procedures are followed internally and externally.
- Work with Development and Marketing to establish and maintain a donors recognition program
- Provides regular personal follow up or recognition for donors
- Provides weekly activity report on food sourcing activities
- Responsible for aggregate purchasing of food for COOP, SFPP, Mobile, ESFP and other FoodBank programs.
- Identify and target additional sources of food
- Understanding of CERES system by end of first month of employment
- ServSafe food handling certification within the first 3 months of employment
- Manage the performance of the Food Sourcing Coordinator
- Demonstrates a pleasant, professional and helpful attitude at all times
- Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The individual possesses the technical knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to do the job.
- Communication – Communication is clear, concise, and courteous, needed information is communicated regularly, and listening skills are strong.
- Interpersonal Skills – Individual works effectively within a diverse team driven workplace, peers, supervisors, and the public.
- Quality of Work: Work is accurate, neat, thorough, and complete.
- Productivity – Individual works efficiently, prioritizes and manages time effectively, and has work habits that support an ability to accomplish goals in a timely fashion.
- Dependability – Individual is reliable in completing assignments and meeting deadlines, and maintains consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Initiative – Individual works independently, solves problems, and looks for ways to improve systems or save costs.
- Adaptability – Individual is flexible, and able to adjust to a variety of situations.
- Decision Making – The individual uses logical and sound judgment.
- Compliance/Safety – The individual follows policies and procedures to ensure a productive and safe working environment.
- Customer Service – The individual addresses needs of stakeholders (partners, donors, clients, colleagues, etc.) quickly and courteously.
- Collaboration – The individual cooperates and works in partnership with others to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Stewardship of Resources: The individual ensures the careful and efficient use of all organizational resources (funds, food, supplies, equipment, time, etc.) in a manner consistent with FoodBank policies.
Skills, Education and Experience
- 4 year degree and/or comparable experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience in the food industry a plus
- Strong External Customer Focus
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills/Relationship building
- Capable of maintaining multiple accounts including completing follow up correspondence on a consistent basis
- Understanding of routing helpful
- Willingness to travel
- Reliable Transportation
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact; frequent extended hours, Warehouse environment; extensive standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Please send your resume by January 13 with a detailed cover letter including salary requirements to: email@example.com