Please click on the job title below to view the full description.
Please review the job description and requirements. If you meet all the requirements and wish to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, February 24, 2017 by 10:00 am
Sort Room Operations Coordinator
Job Title: Sort Room Operations Coordinator
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Operations Manager
The FoodBank’s team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution to eliminate hunger. Staff is committed to embodying the FoodBank’s values in all activities. Relationships are based on collaboration and respect. Resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective in order to achieve the FoodBank’s mission and goals.
The Sort Room Coordinator will work collaboratively with a strong volunteer base of individuals and group members to provide direct coordination of the receipt, inspection, handling, storage and distribution of salvage product through the Food Bank to member agencies.
Responsible for effective collaboration with FoodBank staff and management of external volunteers. Directly coordinates approximately 30-40 volunteers at a time; indirectly may coordinate with warehouse staff as assigned to salvage function
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the daily activities involved in the receipt, inspection, cleaning/sanitizing, lining boxes, and labeling, recording counts of boxes, packing categorizing, weighing and movement of salvage products received from local donors.
- Facilitates the introduction and oversight of FoodBank procedures to volunteers and warehouse staff. Monitors and assesses adherence to the standards in place and determines when additional training may be necessary in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Partners with Community Engagement Coordinator to identify volunteer opportunities and to develop and implement a plan for volunteer initiatives. Reviews volunteer schedules to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Directs the movement of salvage into the salvage isolation room for sorting, using forklift or pallet jack, unloads and moves product into racks following established operational and safety procedures.
- Reviews receiving documents for accuracy, matches up with product, dates and signage complete and maintain trash log in accordance with FoodBank procedures, complete data entry, and report problems to Operations Manager in order to accurately record and track product in the Foodbank system.
- Performs and oversees the sorting and inspection of products using visual inspection to ascertain contamination, infestation, expiration or spoilage; accepts or rejects products based on inspection to insure FoodBank requirements are met.
- Performs quality control functions, including random audits, recording discrepancies, retrains volunteers as appropriate, and performs final check of boxes before product leaves the facility for mislabeling, breakage, expiration or contamination; insures paperwork accurately reflects product orders.
- Sets up and maintains salvage warehouse layout design and storage racks to maximize space; establishes appropriate labeling to properly store and locate product; oversees the physical inventory counts to verify product levels and track/reduce losses.
- Advises Operations Manager of uncategorized or slow moving products and moves merchandise to assigned areas.
- Remains knowledgeable in all FoodBank products. Maintains up to date knowledge of salvage management procedures in order to implement ways to improve and maximize efficiency.
- Conducts facility inspections for pest control and cleanliness; inspects traps, looks for rodent droppings, completes pest control log, and works with Pest Control contractors to eliminate and prevent problems. Conduct equipment inspections to ensure equipment and facility are operational; advises Operations Manager of malfunctions, breakdowns and needed repair or replacement. Completes cleaning logs and performs or oversees the cleaning, disinfecting, weeping, mopping of salvage section of warehouse in accordance with FoodBank procedures and to insure Board of Health requirements are met.
- Works with Operations Manager to obtain approval for expenditures for purchases, supplies, maintenance of equipment or salvage facility area in accordance with established guidelines; identifies ways of reducing expenses and improving efficiency.
- Builds good working relationships with Agencies, Health Department, and Feeding America representatives to ensure community needs and compliance requirements are
- Available nights and weekends when needed.
- AA degree, BA preferred.
- At least 1 years Warehouse experience preferably in a FoodBank or food related industry.
- Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack; valid NJ driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with volunteers, and collaborate with a high level of engagement
- Commitment to the FoodBank’s values and mission are essential.
- High level of energy.
- Safe Food handling certification within first month of employment.
- Excellent working knowledge of office suite.
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse operation, safety and regulatory compliance issues desirable.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, and effectively work with a diverse group of volunteers and staff.
- A high level of personal and professional integrity is essential.
Work is value, goal and deadline oriented; extensive external contact with volunteers and agencies; periodically works extended hours. Warehouse environment; extensive walking, standing, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds; operates forklift and may drive trucks.