E-file Yourself for Free
Individuals and families with a combined income of $62,000 or less in 2016 can use myfreetaxes.com to file their federal and State income taxes for free.
Or get assistance through the FoodBank’s VITA sites below
VITA is an IRS-sponsored program to help low and middle-income workers have their federal and State personal income taxes prepared and filed electronically at no cost. VITA ensures workers receive all the tax credits to which they are entitled, including EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) and other tax credits. Volunteer preparers are trained and certified at the Advanced Level through the VITA program.
Qualified households for free tax preparation include:
- Households with children with annual incomes of $54,000 or less, OR
- Individuals with incomes of $30,000 or less.
Scope of Tax Preparation
- We prepare tax returns for households with Forms W-2, 1099 Misc, 1099R, SSA, SSI, 1099G, 1099INT and self-employed taxpayers with documented expense items.
- We do not prepare tax returns for households with income from rental property, investment income or loss, or self-employed taxpayers with business losses or expenses above $5,000.
Appointments are preferred to reduce wait times, but walk-ins are welcome. There are 3 easy ways to make an appointment at any of the sites below:
- call 2-1-1 (day and evening)
- call the FoodBank’s Benefits line at (732) 643-5888 (daytime)
- or schedule yourself now by clicking here
Free Tax Prep Sites
- Monmouth Mall, next to Payless Shoes, 1st floor, Tues., Wed, Thu, Fri. 1-7pm, Sat 10-3pm
- Freehold Raceway Mall, at the Financial Success Center of the Meridian Community Resource Center, (outside Macy’s, first floor) Wed, Thurs, Fri 1-7pm, Sat 10-3pm
- Ocean County Mall at Ocean County Connections, by JC Penney Tues, Thurs, Fri 1-7pm, Sat 10-3pm
- Toms River, The BEAT Center, 1769 Hooper Ave. Mon, Tues Thurs Fri 1-7, Sat 10-3pm
- Ocean County Library:
- Toms River Branch, 101 Washington St., Tues, Wed, Thurs 1-7pm, Fri 10-4pm, Sat 10-3pm
- Lakewood Branch, 301 Lexington Ave., Tues, Thurs 1-7pm, Sat 10-3pm
- Lacey Branch, 10 E. Lacey Rd, Forked River, Wed 12-6pm
- Long Branch Library, 328 Broadway, Tues 12-5, Wed, Thurs 1-6pm, Sat 11-3pm
- Union Beach Borough Hall, 650 Poole Ave., Fridays 1-7pm
- Asbury Park, Community Affairs and Resource Center, 913 Sewell Ave., Tues, Wed 1-6pm
What to Bring