The FoodBank collects food donations from retail and grocery stores that are no longer sellable due to minor damage or a code date. The donated food is inspected for safety, sorted and distributed to pantries or other agencies serving local families in need.
Store Donation Program
The Benefits of Participating:
- It’s Free - We come to you with our refrigerated truck.
- It’s Tax Deductible - The Food Bank is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, so you can write off up to 2 times the cost of your donated product.
- It’s Safe – Food donors to Food Banks are fully protected from civil or criminal liability under the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act. Our staff is also trained in food safety and our 30,000 sq. ft. warehouse is HACCP certified.
- It’s Good Business - Unlike selling the food to a secondary market, you are placing the food into a channel that will not compete with your retail sales.
- It Cuts Down on Waste - The product does not go to waste, so your company will cut waste and disposal costs.
How to Get Involved
Please contact our Store Donation Coordinator to learn how to get involved in the program. A meeting will be scheduled with the store manager, department managers, and receiving personnel to review the program in detail. The FoodBank will pick up food in a refrigerated truck on a coordinated day(s) during each week.