Volunteers are the heart of the FoodBank. They organize food drives, sort donations, fill agency orders and help with office work and mailings. Some volunteers contribute their professional or trade skills.
Please consider joining our volunteer team. We provide a pleasant and friendly working environment and the chance to make a difference in the lives of the 131,000 people we serve.
- Please review our Volunteer Guidelines and browse our Volunteer Opportunities below.
- Fill out your Volunteer Application ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE.
- You can also Download the Volunteer Application and email it to our Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com or mail application to:
- Volunteer Coordinator
The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties
3300 Route 66
Neptune, NJ 07753
- Volunteer Coordinator
We can’t do it without you!
- Volunteers must be age 13 and up. If you are under 13, please consider running a food drive.
- Prospective volunteers will be invited to attend orientation meetings and given a tour of the facility. Food sorters will need to view an orientation video before starting–WATCH IT HERE NOW.
- Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule times to volunteer. Volunteer hours in the sort room can be anytime between 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Looking for a team-building event for your organization? Consider a volunteer day at the FoodBank.
- Groups must be scheduled with the Volunteer Coordinator. Please call or email ahead.
Food Sorting & Packing
Assist with sorting donated food and repacking for distribution. Training is provided. Some light lifting and closed shoes required. Year-round
A Volunteer Evening
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer without a long-term commitment? Occasionally, we have evening and weekend volunteer opportunities in the sort room.
Setup and monitor fundraising campaigns in grocery stores near your home. September through December.
Help with filing, phones and other clerical duties. Year-round
Tax Preparation Volunteer
Help people in need prepare and file their taxes from Jan-April. Training Provided.
Arrange with your school, neighborhood, business, rotary club, etc. to donate, collect and deliver food. For all ages.
Information/Special Events Tables
Staff information tables at various venues to give out information about The FoodBank; help with special event mailings or other activities.
Assist in food distribution from the mobile truck once a month in various locations.
Do you have a green thumb? Work with our farmer and help plant, maintain and harvest vegetables in our garden and greenhouse. See our Garden Program page for more details. Spring, Summer and Fall